History & Purpose
The main purpose of LCA is to help listed companies by: furthering the long term interests of its shareholders by working for a fair, adequate and efficient regulatory system; maximising the benefits of listing and to make the requirements that come with that status appropriate and reasonable to comply with; promoting confidence in and growth of business and capital markets in New Zealand.
How Can We Help You?
The LCA has an important role in:
- Identifying key issues for companies listed on NZX
- Helping members to understand issues and prepare their own submissions
- Researching issues and consulting with other interested parties
- Obtaining input from members in preparing submissions to policymakers and regulators
- Acting as advocate for members collective
- Monitoring outcomes and keeping members informed on progress and LCA work
- Working with MBIE, Government Officials, NZX, Registries, NZSA and other relevant organisations on matters affecting listed companies
- Providing advice and support to companies on shareholder matters
- Providing resources to listed companies and educational updates